The Marketplace for Spirits Backed NFTs
We’re excited to announce that we’ll be launching an auction for an ultra-rare Macallan 1988.
This is the most valuable cask that has ever been available at auction and is expected to break the record for the most expensive sale.
Accompanying this special cask is an equally amazing piece of art by Italian artist Ruben Frosali – a beautiful 1/1 animation, celebrating the cask and The Year of the Dragon.
Explore Spirits Backed NFTs
Metacask is marketplace for collecting and trading Spirits Backed NFTs. The NFTs act as a Title of Deed for the underlying property such as a cask or a bottle.
- Your ownership of the NFT signifies your ownership of the property
- Stored in bond for the lifetime of the NFT, linked to the maturation of the cask or the storage of the bottle
- Redemption is in your control, take physical delivery of the bottle or all the bottles from the cask
- NFTs minted on the Casper Blockchain, a cost efficient and environmentally sustainable blockchain
- KYC by default for all participants, supported by Civic Pass
The first NFT sold was The Angel’s Share, for a World Record $2.3m.
The Vanishing Spirits
Metacask is proud to present the genesis collection on the platform – The Vanishing Spirits.
VCL Vintners is issuing this collection in collaboration with renowned photographer Ernie Button. Ernie has developed a unique technique to capture the remnants of a dram! For this collection, he has meticulously captured the dried remains of the liquid from each cask in the collection.
We hope you enjoy owning these as much as we loved the process of creating these.
Launch a Collection
Metacask is a platform designed to support minting NFTs from your own collections deployed on the blockchain. As an issuer, whether you are a broker or a producer, you can deploy as many collections as you wish and mint as many tokens in each collections as you need.
We provide the tools for you to tell your story through your collection. All collectors can be confident of any token minted and it’s provenance as it comes directly from you – the issuer.
Contact email@example.com to get setup.